Monday, March 16, 2015

Newsletter March 16 - 20

Today starts our 4th quarter of school.  I will print off 3rd quarter grades and send them home by Thursday, March 19.  All work should have been turned in by Friday, March 13th, but I haven't put all of the assignments in power school yet, so you have an extra day.  I will not accept late work for third quarter after Tuesday, March 17.

Tomorrow I will test on Unit 8 in math so please help your child with the Chapter Review homework tonight so that will help them with their test tomorrow.  I will start Unit 9 (measurement and time) on Wednesday.

I am excited for all of those that are participating in our 100-book challenge.  I can see that this is motivating for most of my students.  Since, I feel that rereading is so important for fluency, I will allow you to write down the same title of book twice (that is if your child has read the book twice).  I encourage rereading, and hopefully this will encourage your child to reread their books.  Remember that the take-home library books come home every night so it is not impossible to read 100 books by May 15 (if your child started the challenge when it was initially given).

I plan on having our traditional first grade Easter Egg hunt on Tuesday, March 31, before we leave for Spring break.  If you could help out with this by sending one dozen candy filled eggs I would appreciate it.  Of course, sending eggs is optional, and your child can participate regardless.  I have noticed recently that you can buy pre-filled eggs , which makes it easier, but you can also fill them yourself, but please make sure that the candy is wrapped.  I could use some help that day "hiding" the eggs at the park, if you would be willing to help hide our eggs please let me know.  Right now my tentative plan is to go to the park after computers so that would be around 1:30 on Tuesday, March 31.

I sent home information today about our PTA sponsored Talent Show.  If your child would like to participate please send back registration form by next Monday, March 30.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment