Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Newsletter March 23 - 27

I can't believe that March is almost over with!  This year seriously has flown by for me.  I love this little class of mine--the truly are a phenomenal bunch of first graders.

Next week, we will only have school for two days.  I will not post a blog newsletter for that short week, and we will not have spelling words next week.  I sent home new spelling words today.  I realized I got the last two weeks mixed up, but I think with this list of spelling words it will be ok :)

I sent home math homework today, and attached a paper clip to it.  We are learning to measure with non-standard units and the homework requires measuring with a paper clip.  Tomorrow will start learning about time to the hour and half-hour, though we have been doing this within our "math wall" for weeks now, so I think the telling time lessons will come easily to most of my students.  We should finish up all of the lessons in Unit 9 by next Tuesday.  I will then review when school resumes after the holiday and test either Tuesday, April 7 or Wednesday, April 8.

Tomorrow I will be sending home a note about our first grade easter egg hunt.  We will have that next Tuesday, March 31 at 2:00.  We plan on going to the east side of the canyon park.  If you could help out by sending one dozen candy-filled eggs by Monday, March 30 that would be great.  I also need a couple of parents that are willing to take the eggs to the park that day (around 1:30) and "hide" them for us.  If you would be willing to help please send me an e-mail.

Some of my students are getting close to the 100-book mark for our challenge.  Thank you for reading with you child.

Congratulations to Kaitlee and Duane--they were our Catch the Vision winners for the 3rd quarter.

On April 8, we will be going to a Playmakers production of the play "Honk".  We will be walking to SUU to the auditorium theater.  This cost for this field trip is $1.00.  I will send home a permission slip for this field trip because of the donation (it will remind you). On April 24, we will also be walking to SUU for Bard's Birthday Bash.  That field trip does not require a donation so I will not send home a permission slip for that one, since you all gave permission for field trips at the beginning of the year.  Of course, if you ever want to opt out of a field trip just let me know, and I can make other arrangements for your child.

 I will send home 3rd quarter grades by this Thursday.  We had training last Wednesday, I and I didn't have time to print off the reports.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment