Monday, September 28, 2015

Newsletter September 28 - October 2

We are sure having a great time learning about our body systems.  So far we have learned about our skeletal, muscular, digestive, and circulatory systems.  On Wednesday we will learn about our Nervous system.  It's amazing what my little first graders can absorb and learn.  I hope that they are sharing with you some of the things we are learning about our bodies.

I hope that your child is working on their Math Chapter 2 homework packet.  That will be due on Monday, October 5.  October 5 is the day I will administer the test for Chapter 2.

Mrs. Vogel and I work closely together and we have decided that for a portion of our reading block we are going to combine students into groups that will be more beneficial for their learning.  Some of my students will go over to Mrs. Vogel's classroom and some of her students will come over here.  We will do this daily from 10:30-11:00.  They will be reading from the text from our reading program at a pace that is at each child's level.  We feel this will be a benefit to all of our students.  These groups will be fluid, that is, we will change students when the need arises to best meet all of our students' needs.

To encourage more  with sight word practice, I will test on Sight Word List #1 on October 12.  Please practice the sight words and phrases with your child every night for a few minutes so every student can pass of Sight Word List #1 by October 12.  You can pass off these lists quicker than I outline, but I want to encourage all of my students to pass off all 11 lists before they leave first grade.

We will be doing a Halloween art project and each child needs an apple for that project.  Could you please send an apple with your child by Monday, October 5.  It can be any kind, or color, the bigger the apple the better :)

Thank you for making time to visit with me this week.  I look forward to this week.  Please continue to contact me anytime with questions or concerns.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment