Monday, September 26, 2016

Newsletter September 26 - September 30

We have been in reading groups for two weeks now.  They are going well.  I would love to have parent helpers during those reading groups. If you would like to help from 9:45-10:30 any day I would appreciate it.  I can and will also need helpers with our Sight Word Soldiers program especially after Miss Montoya leaves us in mid-October.  She has been handling that now and I won't be able to manage that without volunteers to help my students pass off sight word lists.

Along with reading we are going to start more writing in our classroom.  I would like each child to have a one-subject spiral bound notebook to use for our writing notebooks.  If you could help by supplying a notebook for your child I would appreciate it.  Just a simple wide-ruled spiral notebook will do.  You can send those as soon as you have one for you child.  THANKS!!

I sent home a note about the Grandparents breakfast on Wednesday, October 5 from 8:00-8:40.  Please send back the order form so that the kitchen will be prepared with enough food that morning.  This is during SEP week and the Book fair will be open that morning also.

If you haven't returned your child's SEP note back please do so ASAP so that I can finalize my schedule.  I will be happy to switch you time to a more convenient one.  If you need to change your time please make note of it and I will e-mail you.  I look forward to meeting with each of you.

Tomorrow we will be taking our Unit 2 math test on subtraction concepts.  We will then move onto addition and subtraction concepts within 20.  We will be learning and using different strategies for addition and subtraction.

We are continuing our study of the human body.  Today we wrapped up the circulatory system (our "superhighway")  and tomorrow we will learn about the nervous system (our control center).  This unit will wrap up as we learn about the healthy eating the the food pyramid and learn about famous medical advances such as vaccinations and pasteurization.

Thanks for all that you do!!
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment