Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Newsletter October 3 - October 7

I'm a day late posting due to SEP conferences so thank goodness for a PE/computers break so that I can update my blog.  This week it will short and sweet due to those conferences.

Today I am sending home information about a field trip that we just secured.  On Wednesday, October 12 we (all first grade classes) will travel to the Robinson Family Pumpkin patch.  We will travel by bus that morning.  We will leave at 9:40  and return by 11:30.  Watch the weather and send your child with a jacket if it is chilly.  The cost for this field trip is $1.00 as each child will be able to pick out their own pumpkin to bring home.  Please return the permission slip and money by next Tuesday, October 11.

Thanks to those that have sent a spiral bound notebook for writing.  If you haven't sent that yet, a simple one-subject spiral bound notebook is all your child will need.  I want to start writing in them this next Monday, October 10th so please send that by this Friday, October 7.

For those of you that came to SEP conferences on Monday, I forgot to mention another item that I would like you to help provide for your child.  We will be making apple head witches in our class room.  Each child will need an apple for this--it doesn't matter the size or color though the bigger it is the easier it is for the students to put in the "rice teeth".  We will start making those next Wednesday, so please send that apple by next Tuesday, October 11.

Thank you so much for sending these items lately (apple, $1.00 for field trip and notebook)--I promise it won't always be like this, but it is very helpful to me to not have to buy each item myself.

Remember that tomorrow is the Grandparents breakfast in the cafeteria from 8:00 until 8:40ish.  Thanks to those that sent the RSVP form so that our food workers will be prepared with enough breakfast.  The PTA bookfair will also be open that morning.

Thanks for making time to visit with me this week.  Please don't hesitate to contact me anytime with concerns or questions.

Happy October Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment