Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Newsletter January 17-20

I hope you had a nice long weekend.  We will be doing some "I Have a Dream" writing this week to commemorate Martin Luther King's life and legacy.

We are officially half-way through the year.  I plan on getting grade reports printed out this Wednesday, during my prep time.  I will send them home with your child on Thursday, or Friday.  If you have any questions about your child's grades let me know.  I will also send home the results of our latest DIBELS testing.  I will try and explain the results to you the best I can, but if you have any further questions about those please don't hesitate to contact me.

Today, I sent home a Water Cycle Reader's Theater, with your child's part highlighted.  Curriculum Night is Thursday, February 2 and we are going to perform that Reader's Theater that night.  We will start promptly at 6:00 so that if you have other children you will be able to make it to their classrooms also. Please help your child with this.  We will be practicing in class too, but any help at home would be appreciated.

It is almost the 100th day of school, January 30th if my calculations are correct.  Please watch for a fun assignment to come home for our 100th day celebration.  I will also start a 100-book reading challenge.  The information and the assignment will come home at a later date, I just wanted you to be aware that something will be coming home.  I will let you know exactly when I send it, and will give you ample time to complete it.

You still have today (January 17) to order Scholastic books online.  The online code is on the sidebar of this blog.  I read A Silly Snowy Day to my students, and it is only 95 cents!

We are having a fun time learning about the States of Matter.  Today we are comparing two different liquids.  I love that my students are figuring out for themselves that the states of matter can change form!  We will finish that unit this week, and begin the Water Cycle next week. 

Please continue to read with your child.  That time is precious and valuable!

No comments:

Post a Comment