Monday, January 23, 2012

Newsletter January 23-27

I hope you are having a nice January.  Time is flying by.  We are still working on our States of Matter unit and our Water Cycle reader's theater.  Thanks to those that have helped your child "memorize" their part.  It helps our in class practice go much smoother.  Remember that we will performing this Water Cycle Reader's Theater, on Thursday, February 2 at 6:00 in our classroom for Curriculum Night.

We completed our "If I have a Dream" writing.  It was fun to see what kids can dream about.  Some wished for dinosaurs to do their homework, and others dreamed of money falling from the sky.  

I will be sending home a 100-day homework assignment this Friday.  I will model that assignment for my students that day.  Watch for it to come home.

Today I sent home a flier from SUU about a food drive.  If you want to donate canned food please send it to school with your child this week.

Mr. Burton asked me to remind you that if you need an open enrollment form to pick one up from the office.  They are due back by February 3.

Please keep reading with your children and help them with their poem.  The poem doesn't need to be memorized, but they do need to have read it to be included in the performances. 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment